[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss 4.0.5.GA: java.lang.NullPointerException: serialF

jarkko@jab.fi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 18:38:06 EDT 2006

If i add the 	<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
in web.xml i get one 01:24:39,354 ERROR [PhaseListenerManager] Exception in PhaseListener INVOKE_APPLICATION(5) afterPhase
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No active event context
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.core.Manager.instance(Manager.java:233) for each Seam portlet on the page (and on one page i've 10 ;). Plus one additional
01:24:39,329 ERROR [PhaseListenerManager] Exception in PhaseListener RESTORE_VIEW(1) afterPhase
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No phase id bound to current thread (make sure you do not have two SeamPhaseListener instances installed)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.contexts.PageContext.getPhaseId(PageContext.java:139)

But hey, I'm using Seam for very nice and neat Intra Portlet Communication ;)

This requires modified SeamPortletFaceletViewHandler, PortletSessionImpl and WebSessionContext. It seems that PortletSessionImpl should use  PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE as the default, this enables "normal" operation of seam just like in usual Seam apps + IPC.
The next step is little more difficult, i'm thinking to teach Seam to use  PortletSession.PORTLET_SCOPE for some Seam scopes. But this seems quite difficult.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980224#3980224

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980224