[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Long Deployment

wconroy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 24 11:58:54 EDT 2006

I am packing quite a few third party jars and different jars i have built with beans in them and I am finding that it takes a pretty substantial amount of time to start up jboss.  I turned on debugging and I get tons of messages like the following

10:46:38,576 DEBUG [MainDeployer] using deployer org.jboss.deployment.JARDeployer at c8769b
10:46:38,576 DEBUG [MainDeployer] new manifest entry for sdi at tradeserviceMBean.jar entry is dom4j.jar
10:46:38,580 DEBUG [JARDeployer] No xml files found

Where tradeserviceMBean.jar is one of my EJB jars and dom4j is one of the jars in its manifest classpath.  I see one of these for every jar in the manifest classpath of all of my ejb jars.

Does the JAR deployer inspect the contents of every JAR and look for an XML file of some sort?  Is there a way I can turn that off.  All jars I want deployed are listed in my application.xml.  there isnt a need to inspect everything in my manifest.

Thanks,

Bo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980429#3980429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980429