[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Unable to find XML mapping file in classpath: orm.xml

arnieAustin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 25 14:35:10 EDT 2006

I am trying to get the orm.xml file recognized. It is stored in my projects' EJB-sub project /ejbModule/META-INF but it ends up in the WAR in WEB-INF/lib.

Even so, i still get the error message:
anonymous wrote : 13:13:09,328 INFO  [Configuration] Reading mappings from resource: orm.xml
  | 13:13:09,328 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service persistence.units:ear=DPSLicenseInquiry.ear,jar=DPSLicenseInquiryEJB.jar,unitName=PmgrDpsDrivers
  | javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: PmgrDpsDrivers] Unable to find XML mapping file in classpath: orm.xml

WHY? Isn't WEB-INF/lib on the path? Where is the file governing the construction of the WAR and EAR while in Eclipse/JBoss IDE2.x? There's nothing in the build folders!

The 2nd and possibly related error is:

anonymous wrote : [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,module=DPSLicenseInquiryEJB.jar
  | java.lang.RuntimeException: Field javax.persistence.EntityManager us.tx.state.oag.DPSLicenseInquiry.business.DpsDriversList.DpsLicenseDatabase @PersistenceUnit in error: EMPTY STRING unitName and there is more than one scoped persistence unit at oag.jboss.ejb3.injection.PersistenceContextHandler.loadFieldDependencies(PersistenceContextHandler.java:358)

I don't see what the problem is:

  |    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
  |    version="1.0">
  |
  | 	<persistence-unit name="userDatabase">
  |       <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  |       <jta-data-source>java:/DPSLicenseInquiryDatasource</jta-data-source>
  |       <properties>
  |          <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create"/>
  |          <property name="hibernate.cache.use_query_cache" value="true"/>
  |          <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true"/>
  |       </properties>
  | 	</persistence-unit>
  |
  |    <persistence-unit name="PmgrDpsDrivers">
  |       <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  |       <jta-data-source>java:/dpsLicensedDrivers</jta-data-source>
  |       <mapping-file>orm.xml</mapping-file>
  |       <class>us.tx.state.oag.DPSLicenseInquiry.business.DpsDriver</class>
  |       <properties>
  |          <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseDialect"/>
  |       </properties>
  |    </persistence-unit>
  |
  | </persistence>

Another example had me add an entry to the components file:

<components>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980799#3980799

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980799