[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Some problems with JBoss Portal 2.6 DR version...

wtff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 26 08:24:38 EDT 2006

Windows XP
+
sun java JDK (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
(my jboss starts up in ClientVM mode, maybe that's also something I could change. Further on I will update to a newer JDK 5 build and test again.

I'm using InternetExplorer 6.0 SP2, Firefox 2.0 and Opera 8.51

well, we all know that a Microsoft OS wants to be reinstalled every now and then and mine is already quite old and probably has a few performance issues ...

I don't experience performance or load problems when I access the http://www.netvibes.com/ demo with my Internet Explorer. They seem to employ the same javascript DnD library but I can drag the windows around smoothly.
I compared the DnD performance of 2.6DR against netvibes in IE and it is quite the same.
My impression today is that the performance problems only exist when I use Firefox 2.0. I don't know why I experienced a slow IE performance last time.

Maybe it might be a good idea, to only use every n-th mouse-moved event to reposition and repaint the window in drag mode...

As a possible future improvement, one could also try to increase the responsiveness for minimizing/maximizing portlet windows by doing this on the client side (as in the netvibes demo) and only send the event as such to the server via AJAX?

--

Again, I'm so happy about this new releas. It's really a quantum leap. Can you say whether the 2.6 final version will come with a navigation portlet that has a hirarchical menu-bar?

thanks
Sascha

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980990#3980990

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980990