[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: No active event context

andyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 26 15:30:58 EDT 2006

Stan,
I'm trying to understand why the StartupServletContextListener exception is thrown in a Portal setup.  With JBoss 4.0.5GA, MyFaces 1.1.4, Portal 2.4, Seam 1.1beta Facelets and Ajax4JSF we are seeing problems again.  It looks to me that this is triggered by the exception below.  Without the Ajax4JSF filter all works ok, even though the same exception is thrown.

That suggests to me that the Exception isn't being caught in Ajax4JSF and causing a bigger problem.

I'm wondering if it is plausable to log a warning instead of throwing the exception, so that Ajax4JSF doesn't see the problem.  What do you think?

Andy.

2006-10-25 02:06:12,214 DEBUG [org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader] setRepository, repository=org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3 at 1382988, cl=org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3$CacheClassLoader at 15c4ee6{ url=null ,addedOrder=0}
2006-10-25 02:06:12,224 DEBUG [org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader] setRepository, repository=org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3 at 1382988, cl=org.jboss.mx.loading.HeirarchicalLoaderRepository3$CacheClassLoader at 13fe4e4{ url=null ,addedOrder=0}
2006-10-25 02:06:12,224 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/SeamBookingPortletWeb]] Exception starting filter ajax4jsf
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application. This happens if the faces-initialization does not work at all - make sure that you properly include all configuration settings necessary for a basic faces application and that all the necessary libs are included. Also check the logging output of your web application and your container for any exceptions!
If you did that and find nothing, the mistake might be due to the fact that you use some special web-containers which do not support registering context-listeners via TLD files and a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.
A typical config looks like this;

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>

at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:90)
at org.ajax4jsf.framework.resource.InternetResourceService.init(InternetResourceService.java:58)
at org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.xmlfilter.BaseFilter.init(BaseFilter.java:121)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:223)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981110#3981110

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981110