[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Socket read stuck on a client invoke call

sarbu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 26 16:22:51 EDT 2006

Hi all,

The stack trace when this happenned is given below. I have also attached the code base where I create the client connector. Initially, I had tried with  timeout specified in the URI only (No config map when I create the connector).

I encountered the same issue. Now, I am specifying both. Would that cause any issue?

Thanks
Saravanan

int timeout=120000;
String ipAddr = System.getProperty(SharedConstants.VIRTUAL_IP_ADDRESS, "localhost");
String locatorURI = SharedConstants.CONNECTION_PROTO_SOCK + "://" + ipAddr + ":" + SharedConstants.CONNECTION_PROTO_SOCK_PORT;
locatorURI += "/?timeout=120000";
// Client connector
HashMap config = new HashMap();
config.put("timeout", new Integer(timeout));
config.put("socketTimeout", new Integer(timeout));
InvokerLocator locator = new InvokerLocator(locatorURI);
Client c = new Client(locator, config);

Socket timed out.  Waited 1800000 milliseconds for response while calling on Invok
erLocator [socket://172.16.52.1:6450/?timeout=120000]; nested exception is:
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java
:2133)

Caused by: java.rmi.MarshalException: Socket timed out.  Waited 1800000 millisec
onds for response while calling on InvokerLocator [socket://172.16.52.1:6450/?ti
meout=120000]; nested exception is:
        at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker.transport(Soc
ketClientInvoker.java:288)
        at org.jboss.remoting.RemoteClientInvoker.invoke(RemoteClientInvoker.jav
a:136)
        at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:444)
        at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:407)
        at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:392)
        at com.zforce.objrep.DbProxy.invoke(DbProxy.java:80)
        at com.zforce.objrep.DbProxy.proxyInvoke(DbProxy.java:109)
        at com.zforce.objrep.ObjectRepository.baseGetByNameFromDb(ObjectReposito
ry.java:840)
        at com.zforce.objrep.ObjectRepository.baseGetByName(ObjectRepository.jav
a:560)
        at com.zforce.rain.server.base.BaseMgr.readObjectByName(BaseMgr.java:536
)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981127#3981127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981127