[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - message priority working jboss messaging 1.0.1???

markusw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 26 16:33:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

Does the JMS message priority in JBoss Messaging 1.0.1GA have any effect?

I have two senders with code like this:

  | Queue queue = (Queue) ic.lookup("/queue/testQueue")
  | connection = cf.createConnection();
  | Session session = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
  | MessageProducer sender = session.createProducer(queue);
  | TextMessage message = session.createTextMessage("Hello! ");
  | sender.send(message, DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT, priority, 0 );

One sender sends out messages with higher priority than the other but the messages with higher priority are NOT delivered first to the sender.
I use JBoss 4.0.5, installed JBoss Messaging 1.0.1 GA and used the generated configuration "messaging" with a Postgres 8.1 database.
When I repeat the same test with the JBoss.mq stack, I clearly see messages with higher priority delivered first to the receiver.

Am I missing something or is there a bug in the jms stack?

Markus

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981129#3981129

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981129