[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: persist & auto-restart mbean

cnsxxx09 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 27 08:14:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

Further progress ... I managed to now get it registered as an XMBean.
But I'm b*ggered if I know how this auto-persistence is supposed to work ...
When you change an attribute in your XMBean using the jmx-console, shouldn't it now write something to $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/data/xmbean-attrs/
??
(I set persist policy to 'OnUpdate')

What's missing?

TIA

My new code:
      work.MyClass mBean = new work.MyClass();
      ObjectName objectName = new ObjectName("mydomain.com:job=MyJob,id=" +
                System.identityHashCode(mBean));

      Descriptor d = new DescriptorSupport();
      d.setField(XMBeanConstants.RESOURCE_REFERENCE, mBean);
      d.setField(XMBeanConstants.RESOURCE_TYPE, XMBeanConstants.STANDARD_MBEAN);
      d.setField(ModelMBeanConstants.PERSIST_NAME, objectName);
      d.setField(ModelMBeanConstants.PERSIST_POLICY, "OnUpdate");
      d.setField(ModelMBeanConstants.PP_NEVER, "false");
      d.setField(ModelMBeanConstants.PERSISTENCE_MANAGER, "org.jboss.mx.persistence.DelegatingPersistenceManager");

      XMBean mmb = new XMBean(d, XMBeanConstants.DESCRIPTOR);

      server.registerMBean(mmb, objectName);

      invokeStringMethod(objectName, "setTestMethod", aTestValue);

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981279#3981279

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981279