[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Creating RSS feed ?

lcoetzee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 27 09:21:48 EDT 2006

Strange how writing things down helps the mind :-)

I see in the blog example that the faces servlet is mapped to:  <servlet-mapping>
  |         <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  |         <url-pattern>/seam/*</url-pattern>
  |     </servlet-mapping>

while I use: 	<servlet-mapping>
  | 		<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  | 		<url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
  | 	</servlet-mapping>

and the important one

<context-param>
  | 		<param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
  | 		<param-value>.xhtml</param-value>
  | 	</context-param>

My rss file had an rss extension, with the above in mind the rss extension never got the Faces servlet involved. Renaming my file to have an xhtml extension solved  the problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981294#3981294

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981294