[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal 2.4 + JSF + IPC Navigation not properly navigating

emdlc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 27 17:30:33 EDT 2006

As in the IPC example in the documentation, I have a portletA, the source portlet window, and portletB, the destination portlet window.

My current setup has one portlet-shared code-base that deploys into one zipped SAR file.  The two portlets using IPC are defined together in one portlet.xml file, one portlet-instances.xml file, one *-object.xml file, one web.xml and one faces-config.xml.  The inner-class listener in my portlet class that extends MyFacesGenericPortlet, is a copy of the IPC example (except for the portlet window names and debugging logs).  That extension is used for portletB's <portlet-class>.  The MyFacesGenericPortlet is used for portletA.  The test I use is a <h:commandLink> with a literal value action attribute:

  | <h:commandLink action="navigateOtherWindow">
  |     <f:verbatim>Test</f:verbatim>
  | </h:commandLink>

Instead of changing portletB's window to the <to-view-id> of 'navigateOtherWindow', it changes it to the <from-view-id> location.

With or without a <from-view-id> element:

  | <navigation-rule>
  | 	<navigation-case>
  | 		<from-outcome>navigateOtherWindow</from-outcome>
  | 		<to-view-id>/jsp/dest.jsp</to-view-id>
  | 	</navigation-case>
  | </navigation-rule>

or

  | <navigation-rule>
  |         <from-view-id>/jsp/source.jsp</from-view-id>
  | 	<navigation-case>
  | 		<from-outcome>navigateOtherWindow</from-outcome>
  | 		<to-view-id>/jsp/dest.jsp</to-view-id>
  | 	</navigation-case>
  | </navigation-rule>

...when 'Test' is clicked from portletA, it changes portletB to '/jsp/source.jsp' instead of '/jsp/dest.jsp'.

With the listener off, the link works properly, but remaining in portletA's window.

Have any clues?  Do I need to make a change to the listener?  It seems to me that the setting of all of the source portlet's parameters as the parameters of the portletB's newEvent should do it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981440#3981440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981440