[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - SAR deployment problem

emdlc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 27 17:36:17 EDT 2006

Since the helloWorldIPC seemed to require that the portlets be deployed together in a SAR pattern, in order to minimize the differences from the helloWorld app, I organized it the same way, and deployed it the same way, the same folder structure, zipped up, and hot deployed.

My question is that I've managed to get this exception on my box whenever I make a change and overwrite it:

  | 17:31:46,921 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=portal:container=WebApp,id=/query-portlet state=Create
  | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This portlet app is already registered
  |         at org.jboss.portal.portlet.container.PortletApplicationRegistryImpl.registerPortletApplication(PortletApplicationRegistryImpl.java:51)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  |         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  | ....trimmed

The only solution is to restart JBoss.  I'm using the 2.4GA edition of Portal.  Any ideas on why this may be happening?  It really takes a heavy hit on development having to restart after every change.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981442#3981442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981442