[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - First application in EJB 3.0 and JBoss 4.0.5GA

zielonyplot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 28 08:15:39 EDT 2006

Hi!
I am brand new to EJB 3.0 programming and I need some help.
I have simple bean class (StatelessTekst1.java):
import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.LocalBinding;
  | import javax.ejb.*;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | public class StatelessTekst1 implements tekst1
  | {
  |         public String podajTekst(int numer)
  |         {
  |                 if(numer==1)
  |                         return "Hej, udalo sie!";
  |         }
  | }

And interface (tekst1.java):
public interface tekst1
  | {
  |         public String podajTekst(int numer);
  | }

I put this files to <JAVA_HOME>/bin directory. But, when I want to compile the StatelessTekst1.java file, I get an errors:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\bin>javac StatelessTekst1.java
StatelessTekst1.java:1: package org.jboss.annotation.ejb does not exist
import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.LocalBinding;
                                ^
StatelessTekst1.java:2: package javax.ejb does not exist
import javax.ejb.*;
^
StatelessTekst1.java:4: cannot find symbol
symbol: class Stateless
@Stateless
 ^
3 errors
So, I add the classpath to the javac:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\bin>javac -classpath .;c:/"program files"/jboss/client/jboss-ejb3-client.jar;c:/"program files"/jboss/client/jboss-j2ee.jar StatelessTekst1.java

But again I have an error:

StatelessTekst1.java:1: package org.jboss.annotation.ejb does not exist
import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.LocalBinding;
                                ^
1 error

What should I do to compile this files? Please, help me!
Thanks and best regards!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981520#3981520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981520