[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: JBossWS Eclipse Plugin and WSDL Polymorphism

kalvin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 28 13:14:54 EDT 2006

Hi Ole,

Sorry for the confusion, but I didn't mean to expose overloaded Java methods in the service endpoint interface.  In my case, I want to publish POJO webservice, which has a single Java method that takes abstract parameter and returns abstract return value as follow:

public WSAbstractReturnValue getValueBy(WSAbstractParameter paramter);

And, I have two subclasses for each of the abstract types:

public class WSReturnImplOne extends WSAbstractReturnValue {}
public class WSReturnImplTwo extends WSAbstractReturnValue {}
public class WSParameterImplOne extends WSAbstractParameter {}
public class WSParameterImplTwo extends WSAbstractParameter {}

I want that the client may call the service method with a parameter of arbitrary subtype, and the service method may also return arbitrary subtype.

By simply using steps from the bottom-up example (http://www.soapui.org/jbossws/bottomup.html) for my POJO, first, I didn't find expected  elements for the derived types in the generated WSDL file.  Hence, I didn't get the corresponding client artifacts when following the next walkthrough example (http://www.soapui.org/jbossws/consume.html).

If I use the wstools directly, running the wstools command against a config file, is there a way to specify the subclasses in the configuration file?  On top of that, is there a way to specify the subclasses through the plugin dialogs?

Thanks,
Kalvin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981538#3981538

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981538