[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Configure and use Connection pool of Jboss

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 30 06:38:30 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : I have seen many example for JBoss connection pooling, but in all of then they have used the conn.close(). But according to me, we should not close the connection, instead we should return the connection back to the pool.

The internal implementation of the close() method takes care of returning it to the connection pool(Remember that java.sql.Connection is an interface and when you use connection pooling, the server will implement this interface to take care of returning the connection to the pool). So when you invoke the connection.close() method, you are actually returning the connection back to the pool.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981730#3981730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981730