[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: Lost datasource

awclemen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 30 12:03:53 EST 2006

Hello Forum Folks,

I too, was having the exact same problem with the disappearing datasource.  However, I think I found a solution.  I thought it was odd that the DatabaseServerLoginModule would load the datasource parameter then be unable to find the datasource.  I guess that it might be a class loader problem.  so I changed the UseJBossWebLoader from false to true in the {jboss.root.directory}/server/{server-type}/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml file like so:

  |       <!-- A flag indicating if the JBoss Loader should be used. This loader
  |            uses a unified class loader as the class loader rather than the tomcat
  |            specific class loader.
  |            The default is false to ensure that wars have isolated class loading
  |            for duplicate jars and jsp files.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="UseJBossWebLoader">true</attribute>

And now, we have the datasource back again and the authentication module is running the queries.  Now, since I have only one app running on my jboss, I don't think I will have any real problems, however, those with multiple apps may see more memory usage because the same jars need to be loaded for each app.  There may be other side effects to this, I'm not certain (but I'll find out shortly).  I'm sure the experts can chime in, in case I am total off-base here.

How this helps.  And now, back to debugging the rest of my app.

--Andy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981822#3981822

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981822