[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Embedded EJB3.0 and Tomcat JNDI error (was JDNI)

keenan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 30 18:25:12 EST 2006

The problem is not limited to Tomcat, it appears with Jetty also. I took the same standalone.war from the embedded-war example, as distributed with Embeddable_ALPHA_9, and deployed it in a fresh Jetty installation, and still get the JNDI error trying to find the TransactionManager during bootstraping of the UserTransaction.

Since it happens with Jetty, I doubt it is the Tomcat read-only JNDI service properties causing the problem. (I was sure not to use a Jetty configuration that included JNDI.) Maybe the TransactionManager is getting bound somewhere unexpected?

The problem occurs with the unmodified embedded-war example from Alpha9, and happens during the microcontainer's creation of the UserTransaction (as specified in embedded-jboss-beans.xml), long before it gets to any application level code.

Has anyone successfully deployed a war containing the embedded EJB 3 container? What's your trick?
--keenan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981895#3981895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981895