[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: 4.0.5.GA & EJB3.0RC9 Message Bean Issue

ramazanyich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 31 05:41:04 EST 2006

I have similar issue with my MDB. I also got such exception, but strange thing that on my class I have implements javax.jmx.MessageListener.

After some debugging and looking in source code of EJB3 probably I found the cause of problem. this exception is thrown from
 org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.java:
            ArrayList list = ProxyFactoryHelper.getBusinessInterfaces(clazz);
            if (list.size() > 1 || list.size() == 0) throw new RuntimeException("unable to determine messagingType interface for MDB");
            messagingType = list.get(0);

As you see it gets all implemented interfaces of your class (and don't get interfaces of parent class probably) and if it is empty (as in your case) or if it is more than one interface on class (as in my case, because I have another interface on my class) exception is thrown.

I will create issue in jira.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982004#3982004

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982004