[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam GUI development

esfahan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 31 09:21:31 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone can help me with a development related problem. We started our project of with a maven2 build structure as found under http://vyzivus.host.sk/maven2-seam.html. Our structure is looks some how likes (/dvdstore contains the top level parent pom) this:

  |  /dvdstore
  |  /dvdstore-ear
  |  /dvdstore-ejb
  |  /dvdstore-web

Running 'mvn install' in the /dvdstore directory will build all my artifacts and I can deploy my ear file via running 'mvn cargo:start' from within the /dvdstore-ear directory. So far so good, but I think it is a little bit tedious to rebuild the whole ear file all the time even though I just make changes to the GUI. I would like to deploy just the ejbs from within the /dvdstore-ejb directory and then run the webapp from within /dvdstore-web in a maven war:inplace fashion.

I am wondering if anyone has been able to do something like this or if this is actually even possible, eg does using seam imply that I cannot separate the webapp from the ejbs any more?

Thanks for your help.

--Hardy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982082#3982082

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982082