[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Network Loss in a 1 to n Node Cluster

jbirkenmaier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 1 09:49:01 EDT 2006

I read the Wiki page and changed the cluster-service.xml file. After 2 hours, the tree cache was notified about the loss of a cluster node and it in turn notified my application. However, 2 hours is much too long. I need to know a lot sooner. Is there a way to change the timeout value from 2 hours to, say, 30 seconds? Right now, the entry looks like what you suggested:
<FD_SOCK down_thread="false" up_thread="false"/>
<FD timeout="10000" max_tries="5" down_thread="false" up_thread="false" shun="true"/>

The documentation says that setting this timeout value should override the system default of 2 hours but it still waited the 2 hours when it should have waited 50 seconds (?).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968925#3968925

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968925