[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss Performance Tuning

tdanecito do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 2 03:26:44 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I tried some testing regarding the time it takes to start JBoss and I am getting 18 seconds on a AMD64 3800+ AM2 1GB DDR2-800 on Windows 2000 Professional. I am loading a big EAR (9MB) because of inclusion of Web Services jar for JAX-WS.

I set up a RAM Drive and put JBoss on it but I saw no startup improvement. I also went through the config files to remove unused services and removed console logging but not sure that improved performance.

My guess is that the startup is CPU bound since it used to take 30seconds before I upgraded CPU/Memory.

Regards,
-Tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969034#3969034

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969034