[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: IDE cannot detect JBoss started, then JBoss is stopped

rob.stryker@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 2 12:27:14 EDT 2006

Ok I have another solution for you, but some explanation.

If you open your JBoss Servers View (put it on the bottom left) and the Properties View (put it below the editor area), and then in the JBoss Servers View, expand "Descriptor Xpaths" and select "Ports", the properties view will fill up.

In the properties view you can then directly edit all sorts of properties / xpaths in your various descriptors. You can also add your own categories (other than ports) and define your own xpaths to easily modify ANY xpath in any of your descriptors quickly.

However... ... I do not think twiddle (the polling mechanism I use to see if the server is up or down) will recognize "ports-03" yet, so you will have to use the preference window's JBoss IDE -> JBoss Servers section, select the server, set the timeout to be very low (only a few seconds), and then say upon timeout, set server as started.

This will essentially forego the polling mechanism (or short-circuit it) and just set the server to started.

Hopefully you'll find my xpath / ports editor useful =D

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969054#3969054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969054