[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Problems with StrutsBridge

yxyang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 3 09:36:41 EDT 2006

"alessandroribeiro" wrote : Hi,

  | this is the demo's jboss-portlet.xml:
  |
  | <portlet-app>
  |
  |       <portlet-name>StrutsHelloPortlet</portlet-name>
  |       <!-- Use the specific struts container configuration -->
  |       <config-name>StrutsHelloPortlet</config-name>
  |
  | </portlet-app>
  |

  | I had tried both with and without <config-name> to no avail.  I tried to insert this line again in the file, but there is still this "no bridge set" error.  And there is also a new error:
  |
  | 21:15:23,703 ERROR [PortletAppDeployment] No config for the name StrutsHelloPortlet will use the default configuration
  |
  | What exactly is this <config-name> used for ?

Hello,

I want to get the ServletContext from portlet for some special reason. I am  trying to use eclipse BIRT report engine in my ReportPortlet.

But the BIRT report engine API need to access ServletContext.  I went through the posts, and find the bridge is a way to get the ServletContext.

But when i deploy my portlet and its init() method through the following exception

anonymous wrote :
  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No bridge set
  |         at org.jboss.portal.bridge.JBossServletContextProvider.getServletContext(JBossServletContextProvider.java:65)
  |         at com.ternary.wirelessthermometer.portlet.ReportPortlet.init(Unknown Source)
  |         at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.init(GenericPortlet.java:355)
  |         at org.jboss.portal.portlet.PortletContainer.initPortlet(PortletContainer.java:368)
  |         at org.jboss.portal.portlet.PortletContainer.start(PortletContainer.java:229)

I am using jbp2.2.1 on AS4.0.3SP1.

In addition, what is the <config-name>StrutsHelloPortlet</config-name>
for?

yang

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969096#3969096

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969096