[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Detach entities - Obtaining a clear pojo

fatbatman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 5 04:04:17 EDT 2006

Yes that's exactly the kind of function and I agree with you it does seem slightly hacky implementing this ourself, which is why I was surprised to find there wasn't such a function within Hibernate iteself.

I suppose in a perfect world hibernate could return the "clean pojo" from within a hibernate wrapping, to avoid the computation overhead of having iterate through constructing a clean replica of the object tree, but.....

If you do come up with any code, please post it on this forum, alternatively if anyone from Hibernate/JBoss could add their thoughts on the design implications of this it would be appreciated.
I would think that if serialising EJB3 entites to XML for AJAX, this would be a common issue?

regards

James

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969379#3969379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969379