[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - ejb proxies only contain nodes at deploy time

bugumala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 5 05:00:42 EDT 2006

Hi all!

We're using JBoss-4.0.4.GA on two machines in a cluster. The ejb proxies and proxyfactory seems to contain only the nodes available to the machine at deploy time. An example:

I let Server1 start completely, then I start Server2. Starting the client (Java WS) from Server2 works perfect. When I start the client from Server1 the ejb's proxies only know of Server1's ejbs.

The simple solution is to always use Server2 to start the client but here comes the real problem. When Server1 dies the proxies are not updated with the cluster config and the client keeps calling the dead server. Only after a timeout the call is sent further to Server2 which makes the client extremely slow. Not even a client restart solves the problem.

Our solution now is to automatically redeploy Server2, then the client gets the new cluster config even without restarting the clients during the deploy.

What is missing?
/Jon Lennersten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969389#3969389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969389