[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Apache workers.properties help please.

AndrewBoyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 5 18:14:48 EDT 2006

Hi All,
    I'm using JBoss portal 2.4.0 final and Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server.

    I followed the instructions found in the wiki http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_jk1.2WithJBoss

as best as I could for my single server but I'm getting a 404 error when trying to access /web-console and /jmx-console.  Here is my workers.properties:

  | # Define list of workers that will be used
  | # for mapping requests
  | # The configuration directives are valid
  | # for the mod_jk version 1.2.18
  | #
  | #worker.list=loadbalancer,status
  | # since myDomain only has one server at this time
  | worker.list=node1
  |
  | # Define Node1
  | # modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
  | worker.node1.port=8009
  | worker.node1.host=node1.myDomain.com
  | worker.node1.type=ajp13
  | worker.node1.lbfactor=1
  | # worker.node1.connection_pool_size=10 (1)
  |
  | # since myDomain only has one server at this time comment out node2
  | # Define Node2
  | # modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
  | #worker.node2.port=8009
  | #worker.node2.host= node2.myDomain.com
  | #worker.node2.type=ajp13
  | #worker.node2.lbfactor=1
  | # worker.node1.connection_pool_size=10 (1)
  |
  | # Load-balancing behaviour
  | worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
  | #worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2
  | worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1
  |
  | # Status worker for managing load balancer
  | #worker.status.type=status

I replaced my real domain with myDomain just in this posting.

I also commented out node2 from the wiki example since I only have one server.  I also commented out the worker.status.type=status.

I have installed mod_jk version 1.2.18

  | rpm -Uvh mod_jk-1.2.18-1.rhel4.bjd.i386.rpm

My uriworkermap.properties file is straight from the wiki:

  | # Simple worker configuration file
  | #
  |
  | # Mount the Servlet context to the ajp13 worker
  | /jmx-console=loadbalancer
  | /jmx-console/*=loadbalancer
  | /web-console=loadbalancer
  | /web-console/*=loadbalancer

I added jvmRoute to my JBOSS_HOME/server/inetMillionaire/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml

  | <Engine name="jboss.web" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="node1">

and I made sure that the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml is set to use JK

  | <attribute name="UseJK">true</attribute>

Anyone see what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969594#3969594