[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jPDL vs. BPEL - I am a bit confused

rainstar79 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 6 06:12:22 EDT 2006

Hi jBPM Gurus,
I am a bit confused in one thing. Maybe you can help me.
I am trying to introduce some students BPM and BPEL. It is just to give them a short overview about tools, methods, standards,...
Therefore I wanted to set up a jBPM environment to test some things for a presentation. I thought, when I install jBPM I can use the Eclipse Plugin to model a BPEL file graphically. But I guess that the output is something called jPDL. How could you compare this with BPEL? What is more powerfull - BPEL or jPDL? What are the restrictions of jPDL? Is there a way (or need) of mapping a jPDL after modeling with the graphical tool into BPEL for further processing? Can you recomend me a free modeling tool for generating BPEL which works well with jBPM?
Thanks for your help
Rainer

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969679#3969679

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969679