[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - JBossCache 2.0.0 and JMX: Design ideas

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 6 15:10:53 EDT 2006

Hi, all.

Thinking about the JMX interface to expose in JBoss Cache 2.0.0 at the moment.  I'm not keen on exposing the entire cache interface as we did in the 1.x series, as I feel this is too cumbersome.  What I hope to do is to expose a few classes of methods:

1) Lifecycle methods - create, start, stop, destroy
2) Configuration (read-only) getter - which retrieves a String (or formatted HTML for web based JMX consoles) representation of the configuration
3) setters for a specific subset of config elements which may be changed at runtime
4) Cache information methods (numNodes, numAttributes, lockInfo, printDetails) which print as Strings or as formatted HTML (for web based JMX consoles)

Is there an actual need for operational cache methods, like put(), get(), etc. via JMX?  What about addListener()?

Just trying to understand how people use the cache with JMX at the moment.

Cheers,
Manik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969841#3969841

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969841