[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Deep linking into JBoss Portal from ouside the portal

hamptont do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 6 16:04:36 EDT 2006

I need to be able to give my collaborators deep links into my portal.  What is the recommeded approach to do this.

These deep links need to

1) address a specific page/portlet
2) pass parameters into this page/portlet

A RenderURL like the following works, but exposes a lot of JBoss details that I'm conserned may change over time.

http://localhost:8080/index.html?ctrl:cmd=render&ctrl:windowstate=normal&ctrl:window=MyPortal.MyPage.MyWindow&MyParam=MyValue

Is there a recommended way for providing external parties deep links into JBoss Portals ?

I would hate to give out URLs like the above example if there is any chance of the URL syntax changing (is my example even correct ?).  So I think I could use an Apache rewrite rule to translate a more simple URL into the JBossPortal syntax.

Appreciate your help.
Tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969858#3969858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969858