[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Out frustration

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 14:41:54 EDT 2006

@Out's scope defaults to the scope of the enclosing controller, in this case the SLSB.  SLSB have a stateless scope.  I think that Seam may actually promote the outjection of context variables of stateless components to event scope for you (but I'm not positive).

Event scope is like JSP request scope and page scope is like JSP page scope.  My guess is this example didn't work for you because you used  navigation in your JSF action.  If so, your view came in two requests. The first outjected the Bean, then left scope.  Then you made the next request to view the page and saw everthing with their original values.

I hope this clears up the scoping question.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970175#3970175

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970175