[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problem: Custom validate methods in EJBs crash

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 15:26:25 EDT 2006

And required checking happens outside of conversion/validation at yet another time.  Unfortunately, JSF seems to be designed to support providing a consistent checked state through each phase of the lifecycle and short circuit phases if there are problems.  This almost explicitly designs away your desire to collect all this information and display it at once.

I don't see a JSF provided solution to this problem in 1.2 (Gavin has mucked more with the internals though, maybe he knows better).  It seems to me the easiest solution would be to ditch JSF validation and simply validate yourself within the application.  Use the framework or not, but don't fight it.

There may be a way to reuse your existing validator classes and write a custom phase listener that would provide your own hooks to the validation phase, but then you'd be using your own validator framework and not JSFs (no UI component tie in).  I just don't think JSF was designed to give you what you want.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970191#3970191

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970191