[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Out frustration

texan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 16:20:27 EDT 2006

Well, this was just a test example.  My application has all sorts of the usual cross-page navigation.

In the example above, the page navigates to itself.  The first time you load it (.../test.seam), there's no "bean" in any context, so it's blank.  When you click the button, it goes to the action, which returns back to the same page.

It's that last part that confuses me.  Since my action returns "/test.xhtml", I was assuming that when the page was rendered, it would see any bean that was placed into the EVENT or PAGE scope.  I still don't quite understand what PAGE scope does.

Anyway, I realize that Seam does a redirect to display the page, but I thought that the serialized context was passed along to the page somehow.  I can't figure out what is happening in between my action exuction and my page rendering that makes an EVENT or PAGE scoped bean inaccessible to the page.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970209#3970209

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970209