[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Out frustration

CptnKirk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 16:38:51 EDT 2006

Well EVENT obviously won't work because state is destroyed at the end of the request, so it won't be available across redirects (which have 2 requests).

PAGE on the other hand I'm not 100% sure about.  I'll admit I don't use page scope.  I was under the impression that this was like a mini-session tied to a given instance of a page.  So if you had data that was specific to a single page, yet needed to save state across requests you could use page scope.  A clickable list with data that changes due to other events on the back end is given as an example in the documentation.  So in your case where you navigate back to the same view, I'd expect page scope to work.  If you're sure it doesn't, then either I don't understand what page scope actually does, or there may be a bug in Seam.

Page scope in this understanding would seem to leak memory like the session though, as there would be no way to clean up resources of an infrequently used page.  In this case, a conversation may still be desirable even though page scope is available.  Plus we know it works. :)

It may be that I'm wrong and page scope may simply restrict event data to a given view.  However if this were the case, I'd think page would be the narrowest context, and yet the docs say that event is.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970211#3970211

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970211