[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Regarding SpyObjectMessage in JMS

chaitanya_gogineni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 16:45:14 EDT 2006

Hi,
    I am trying to use JMSAppender for Loggins. It is sending messages to Topic. I have a MDB that reads messages from topic.

If it is a TextMessage it prints directly on the console.

If is not a TextMessage it findouts what type of message it is and displays that on the screen.

My MDB code is

   if (inMessage instanceof TextMessage) {
                log.info("MESSAGE BEAN: Message received: "msg.getText());
         }
   else {
      log.warn("Message of wrong type: " inMessage.getClass().getName());
      }

THe OUTPUT is
"Message of wrong type: org.jboss.mq.SpyObjectMessage"

Can anyboy help me how to covert the SpyObjectMessage to a TextMessage or how to display the text in a SpyObjectMessage

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970213#3970213

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970213