[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Pre-requisties before you installing JBoss Portal

portalgeek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 8 11:47:16 EDT 2006

Hi,

      I am trying to install JBossPortal 2.2 using the bundle (JBoss AS 4.0.4 GA). One thing which is not clear for me, should i have some database before i run the run.bat file which is present in the bin directory.

      When i execute the run.bat file, it throws bumch of exception and says JBoss server started in 31 sec: 49 ms.

       When i say http://localhost:8080/portal, it throw HTTP 500 error but on the console i get NULLPointerException
[ERROR]org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/portal].[PortalServletWithPathMapping][ Servelt.service() for servlet  PortalServeltWithMapping threw Exception  java NullPointerException.

        Can someone throw some light if they have seen this error before.

         Is the root cause of the problem no database connectivit ?. I wish there was some pre-requitises in the document.

          Please help.

TIA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970395#3970395

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970395