[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Defining new CMS portlet instance

halversp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 8 17:44:52 EDT 2006

I'm trying to define a new CMS portlet instance for some custom page content but I can't seem to make a valid reference in my portlet-instances.xml to a portlet in a different webapp (e.g. core). No matter what I provide as a portlet-ref, JBP keeps trying to append my webapp's context name ("arcdrm") to the front of the portlet name, and obviously failing. I've tried "CMSPortlet", "portal.CMSPortlet", and "local.portal.CMSPortlet", all fail with something like

anonymous wrote : Failed to create instance WelcomePortletInstance of portlet arcdrm.local.portal.CMSPortlet because portlet arcdrm.local.portal.CMSPortlet is not available

How are the values of <portlet-ref> parsed? Is is simply impossible to refer to  portlets outside the immediate portlets.xml context, or is there some naming convention I haven't stumbled upon?  It's clearly supported in the portal proper, as I can set this instance up administratively, but I need to be able to do it declaratively through the xml deployment.

appreciate insight,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970465#3970465

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970465