[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - NameNotFoundException Service not bound

fakeer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 9 16:39:43 EDT 2006

I'm using the http invoker and all my ejb2.1 lookup goes over https. now ejb3  beans deploy fine (according to the JMX console) but the lookup fails with the usual message. For e.g. when i look up AddEntity

Here's part of the the JMX view with 2.1 and 3.0 beans
jboss.j2ee

  | ear=application.ear,jar=application.jar,name=OpenService,service=EJB3
  | ear=application.ear,jar=application.jar,name=CalculatorService,service=EJB3
  | jndiName=AddEntity,plugin=cache,service=EJB
  | jndiName=AddEntity,plugin=pool,service=EJB
  |

  | Properties props = new Properties();
  | props.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | props.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "localhost");
  |
  | InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(props);
  |
  | // THIS WORKS, returns Home interface
  | Object object = ctx.lookup("AddEntity");
  |
  | // THIS FAILS, with a not found/bound exception
  | CalculatorService remote = (CalculatorService)ctx.lookup("CalculatorService/remote");

It seems like there's something in the configuration jungle that I must have turned off that causes this OR the lookup name I'm using different than 'CalculatorService'. Is there a separate EJBInvokerServlet for 3.0 beans? Any insight is appreciated.

Of course this works fine in example mode when deployed with the 'all' server instance.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970553#3970553

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970553