[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - BPEL workflow - who to determine whats the next step?

KVAK_TNT do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 11 09:02:47 EDT 2006

Hi there!

I'm experimenting with your jbpm and now with your bpel (beta1) since a while and I have some questions:

First:
bpel saves the data of the process in the same database as jbpm (with some extensions).
So wich of the functions of jbpm can I now reuse?
I think somethink like deployjbpmprocess is deprecated in that way :-)
But whats about token.signal?

This leads to my main question:
In jbpm I can allways verify where in my processgraph I'm actually working (token.getNode().getName() and so on...). So the token shows me where I am and I can therefore start the correct function.

Who can I do this in BPEL?
Especially this is interesting for persistence... Most of our processes will not  be completet in one run (so not like the atm-example).
It will stop and maybe another volunteer (employee :-) ) will have to resume the process...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Greetings

TNT
Studen