[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Seemingly random connection issues?

znbailey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 11 10:14:19 EDT 2006

Hi all,

We have recently run into a rather strange problem. One of our clients is experiencing a database connection issue when they begin using our webapp after a period of inactivity.

The connection error they receive is the following:

  | 2006-08-24 11:09:12,406 WARN [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
  | org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset)

The database type is MS SQL Server, and the DS file is configured to specify the "check-valid-connection-sql" (SELECT 1). The min pool size is 10 and the max pool size is 100. The JBoss version is 3.2.7.

The NIC settings on both servers have been checked as well as the SQL Server settings, and yet nothing remarkable has been found. Has anyone encountered this and what was the resolution? Can anyone suggest any settings that could be looked at, or debug/trace logging that could be enabled to further troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970757#3970757

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970757