[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: url file:/C:/jboss

carlos.navarro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 11 22:32:06 EDT 2006

Hi all...

My name is Carlos Navarro and I'm totally new to JBoss (although I've been working several years on the J2EE specification over Weblogic).

I have the following problem:

I downloaded the last version of JBoss as a zip file and unpacked it in c:\jboss directory, as it said in the getting started document.

Then I went to the bin directory and ran the "run.bat" file, and it started to load but suddenly the execution stops with this exception:

Failed to boot JBoss:
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: url file:/C:/jboss/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml could not be opened, does it exist?
        at org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo.(DeploymentInfo.java:211)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:770)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:755)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatch
er.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.
java:264)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
        at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:482)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:362)
        at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:200)
        at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:464)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
21:12:09,625 INFO  [Server] Runtime shutdown hook called, forceHalt: true
21:12:09,625 INFO  [Server] JBoss SHUTDOWN: Undeploying all packages
21:12:09,625 INFO  [Server] Shutdown complete
Shutdown complete
Halting VM

I know the jboss-service.xml file is missing, but as the getting started said "you could be running jboss out of the box" I kept browsing the forums and googling about it, but found no solution to it.  Some said it was some sort of bug, and that with the java web start installer, this would be fixed.  So I decided to download through java web start, and I got the same results.  So...are users intended to create their own jboss-service.xml in order to start for the first time JBoss???...I assume jboss-service.xml is the equivalent to config.xml in weblogic.

Thanx for reading this post, and for your kind answers....

Carlos Navarro.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970875#3970875

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970875