[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Getting Conversation Id in javascript. Is there a better

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 12 04:22:35 EDT 2006

Im not an expert when it comes to seams remoting fuctionality but I think this:

  | <script type="text/javascript">
  |   Seam.Remoting.getContext().setConversationId(#{conversation.id});
  | </script>

has the disadvantage of doing an extra round trip to the server which is quite unnecessary.

Would it not be simpler to use:

  | function checkConversation()
  | {
  |   conversationId == '#{conversation.id}';
  |   if (conversationId == '') conversationID = null;
  | }

I have not checked whether it actually works but I think it should.

Regards

fhh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970924#3970924

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970924