[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: ejb proxies only contain nodes at deploy time

bugumala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 03:57:17 EDT 2006

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : I'm confused; please try to explain again exactly what happens.

Ok, I'll try to explain. Whenever a change is made to the cluster, adding a node or one node dies, the client proxies aren't informed. If I'm correctly informed this should happen. Even jndi lookup results in the same proxies as before the change in the cluster config.

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : What does "start the client from Server 1" mean?  Please describe how your  client interacts with the servers.

There is a webserver started on each server holding the java webstart client. Depending on which server is used to download the client the behavior is different as I described. The client calls stateless ejbs on the server and these are quite frequently looked up from jndi. The problem is that the resulting proxy only contains the nodes available to the server when it was deployed.

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote : What does "keeps calling the dead server" mean?  Numerous times? Or once, and that call takes a long time to fail?

Here is some Ethereal capture made after Server1 (192.168.1.116) was shut down. This is part of the response from Server2

servlet://192.168.1.116:80/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServletpt.$servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlett..servlett.?servlet://192.168.1.116:80/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServletsq.~.....Pt.
  | 192.168.1.117t.?servlet://192.168.1.117:80/serw.vlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServletpt.$servlet-invoker
  | /ServerInvokerServlett..servlett.?servlet://192.168.1.117:80/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServletxxsr.-org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RandomRobin...........xpp..@.x

As I understand the proxy is informed that both server is still alive and it uses it numerous times, each time with a timeout that takes a long time to fail.

Even if this is a ha-jndi matter we are somewhat confused. The first problem when only one server is used may be because we only get the local jndi. But the other case where we get both servers in the proxy is weird. Shouldn't it catch the death of the other node and reflect it to the proxies?

/Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971205#3971205

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971205