[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: multi portlet setup

mzeijen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 16:33:48 EDT 2006

I discovered that it is possible to get an entitityManager or entityManagerFactory over the JNDI. This way it is possible to get entities from a seperate ejb package (not embeded in the EAR file of the Seam application (or in my case the multiple portlets)).

In my class where I want to get the enitityManager I have multiple options to retrieve one:

1. Use a JNDI lookup to get the entitityManager or the factory
2. Use the @Resource annotation
3. Use the Seam-managed persistence context (but that only works for a conversation long entityManager)

I can't use the normal @PersistenceContext annotation because I get exceptions when I redeploy the ejb package that contains the entities.

My problem is that I don't know how to get an Extented EntityManager without using the @PersistenceContext annotiation.

You, Gavin, told me in a different topic that it isn't possible to have entities in a seperate ejb. But so far I succeeded pretty well. But because I also know that you are probably right, I would like to know for what implications I am heading for (next to the fact that I can't retrieve an Extended manager). Thx.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971391#3971391

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971391