[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Handling anyType

centecbertl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 17:10:48 EDT 2006

Hi again,

the following patch (against jbossws 1.0.3) is a buggy! hotfix - better call it "hack :-)" which works for me and maybe also for somebody else getting blocked with the problem discussed here:

Description and Known issues:

1. This "hotfix" was done in a hurry without analysing the architecture    and implementeaion of jbossws. It just adds without any checking the xmlns:xsi namespace to every single soap element which might go to
the Deserializer.

2. It is not checked whether the xmlns:xsi attribute is already there or worse pointing to a different name space already! - Clients providing a different xmlns:xsi uril will get bugged out!

  | Index: src/main/java/org/jboss/ws/soap/DOMEnvelopeBuilder.java
  | ===================================================================
  | --- src/main/java/org/jboss/ws/soap/DOMEnvelopeBuilder.java     (revision 942)
  | +++ src/main/java/org/jboss/ws/soap/DOMEnvelopeBuilder.java     (working copy)
  | @@ -266,6 +266,7 @@
  |
  |     private static void redeclareNamespace(Element element)
  |     {
  | +      element.setAttribute("xmlns:xsi", "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance");
  |        if(element.getPrefix()== null)
  |           element.setAttribute("xmlns", element.getNamespaceURI());
  |        else

Use with care and have fun,
Bertl

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971404#3971404