[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Migration from Vitria to jBPM

bernhardg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 13 21:12:13 EDT 2006

Thanks for you comment, Tom. I am basically going the route you suggest. I do a simple conversion and see what else I need to take into account.

Luckily we are using BPM in a very light weight way - basically we use it as state machine and message pipe only. We do not use any Vitria rights management and only one business object. Everthing else happens outside of Vitria.

I am currently working on a proof of concept. I plan to

- replace the corba/messaging mechanism used for client/server communication with WebService. Currently 'events' which are actually method calls are sent over the message channel.
- On the server side I use a BPM management object to process the 'events' and mimic what Vitria currently does.

That way I do not need to change the interface to Vitria that is currently used.

Hopefully, once the transition is done we can start using BPM the way it is intended ;-).

THX,
Bernhard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971444#3971444

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971444