[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: how to hide a portlet/pages that user doesn't have view

zerrt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 14 02:22:34 EDT 2006

I have this same problem.  It seems you can hide a page from a user, but setting permissions on a window has no effect.  So if I have a page with three portlets on it and I want to hide one of them I can't do this by setting the view permissions on the window for that porltet to admin only.  If I set the view permissions on the portlet itself Then you see the portlet window with an access denied message.  This is not I want to happen obviously.

I also have similar problems with permissions on the edit view.  I want to have a portlet be visible to everyone but only be editable for admin users.  If I go to the instance security settings for some reason I see only a view option that I can configure even though my portlet supports the edit mode.  This occurs for all portlets even out of the box ones like the news portlet that clearly support the edit view.  Setting the window permissions to personalize/personalize recursive on the portlet window has no effect.  Right now the only permissions that actually seem to work are page wide permissions for view.  Even if I set the whole page to personalize/recursive to admin only I can still edit any portlet on the page as a guest.

It seems either I am doing something wrong or the permission system doesn't work at all.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971469#3971469

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971469