[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Is the header a portlet?

rutfield do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 14 07:03:10 EDT 2006

I am also trying to put a simple window in the header. Thanks for this thread - it has already saved me a lot of time.

I have a portlet which behaves as needed. I removed the decorations and created an instance above the navigation as described here.

I've gone through the JBoss Portal Reference Guide (2.4) and see a lot of information on themse and layouts, but it is still unclear to me what some of the parameters (e.g. UL#tabsHeader li ) actually do.

Questions:

1. How can I make the portlet smaller? It seems to go across the entire screen, when I only want it to be 210X110 px?

2. How can I move it to the right instead of center? Do I need to use a three column layout or is the header separate from that?

3. How do I hide/remove the edit/minimize/maximize options in this portlet?

I am planning on modifying the theme, as opposed to creating a new one.

Sorry, if these are basic questions.

Thanks.
CR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971525#3971525