[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: WS 181 and my own security module - call problems

georgesberscheid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 14 10:41:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a similar situation than the one described above.

  | @Stateless
  | @Remote(Test.class)
  | @WebService
  | @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
  | @SecurityDomain("java:/jaas/MyDomain")
  | public class TestService implements Test {
  |
  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	public String test() {
  | 		return "test";
  | 	}
  | }

I'm trying to protect my 181 SLSB WS by HTTP BASIC authentication but using my custom login module.
If I use the @SecurityDomain("MyDomain") annotation with MyDomain as defined in login-config.xml, each client call to any of the @WebMethod methods causes the following exception:

  | 16:01:07,478 ERROR [UsersRolesLoginModule] Failed to load users/passwords/role files
  | java.io.IOException: No properties file: users.properties or defaults: defaultUsers.properties found
  | 	at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.Util.loadProperties(Util.java:313)
  | 	at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule.loadUsers(UsersRolesLoginModule.java:186)

However, the MyDomain configuration does not include a reference to the UsersRolesLoginModule. Also, the login() method in MyLoginModule (as defined in MyDomain in login-config.xml) is never called.
So I feel like it's not actually using MyDomain as security domain, but something else instead (JBossWS)?

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Georges

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971577#3971577