[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Is the header a portlet?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 14 11:45:09 EDT 2006

I knew I should not have wiped out the portal that I used to help with this problem.  But that just means I have to get you to do your work for you (rather than me doing it for you).

For items 1 and 2, do this.  Display the page that has your portlet on the navigation area in your browser and then have the browser display the html source.  Find your portlet within there and look at the surrounding div's and the class or id on those divs.  Hopefully the class or id will be different from the navigation portlet, in which case you can modify the style sheet to reformat the div containing your portlet.  (I think that even if the div class for your portlet and the navigation portlet are the same that there is still a way to specify a style specific to your portlet. My CSS book is at home or else I might just look up how to do this.)

For item #3, I am surprised that the options are showing up.  For the portlet I tried none of the edit/max/min icons were visible.  Did you set all three renderes to empty? If you used the *-object.xml file, did you check the spelling of the renderers?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971594#3971594

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971594