[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Exception Handling (w/ interceptor)

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 14 11:53:14 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : I did get this working, but I had to back out the Seam jars from CVS, as I couldn't figure out how to avoid hitting the Seam "ExceptionInterceptor".

@Interceptor(within=ExceptionInterceptor.class)

anonymous wrote : One question - how did the Seam ExceptionInterceptor class bypass my "catch" clause? In the "save()" method that I included above, the catch clause was never reached if I used the 9/10/2006 CVS jars. Instead, the Seam exception interceptor kicked in, even if I changed my catch to "Throwable". That is, I was single stepping through the code, and once I threw the null pointer with "user.toString()", it went straight to your interceptor!

This is really difficult to believe....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971598#3971598

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971598