[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - newbie questions

kate.fr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 15 07:38:33 EDT 2006

Hello folks,

I 've just discovered jBPM so please don't blame me for my stupid questions.

I need to coordonate a complex workflow of tasks for our application (not human tasks), each task having some not trivial dependencies on others or on some resources (files, databases...), not all tasks written in the same language etc...

Anyway i made a quick prototype that seems to suit my needs with jbpm and the graphic designer that i ran in a java stand-alone program.

Now I am asking myself some existential questions:
 - do i need to deploy my par file in an AS (did it with the server given starter-kit but i must start my process instances from there)
 - if i don't will  i be able to monitor my process instance via the console (i think i won't but maybe i can write my own monitoring tool without having to use a web app?)
 - what the persistence service jbpm provides can offer to me (i for now don't persist anything or maybe i m not aware ;-))

Thanks for your assistance! i hope that's not too many questions

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3971905#3971905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3971905